You’re in the annoyingly cute phase of your relationship where everything is rainbows and unicorns. It’s a time when every little thing your partner does makes your heart flutter. And to show how much you love them, you decide to gift them something special.
While it’s a step in the right direction, your innocent intentions might get shot down if you don’t tread carefully. But hey! Don’t stress about it. Avoiding a faux pas isn’t that difficult if you steer clear of these gifting landmines.
- Perfume: A great way to insinuate that she smells bad.
- Flowers: They’ll be dead in a few days. Just like your relationship.
- Clothes: There’s no way you’ll get it right. So why try?
- Jewellery: Beware! She’ll think you are in it for the long haul.
- Soft toys: What do you think she is? A toddler?
- Fitness equipment: So you’re suggesting that she’s fat? Best of luck, my friend.
- Chocolates: Add a note saying, ‘I know that I’m lazy’ along with them.
So unless you’re actively trying to piss off your girlfriend, we strongly recommend steering clear of these clichéd gift ideas.
The best gift you can give is the gift of choice. Get her a Zokudo e-gift card and let her explore and choose exactly what she wants – be it an exotic meal, a helicopter ride or a pair of sunglasses. Sounds much easier and safer, doesn’t it? We think so too!